2021 / 2022 Registration Information
Meadowlark School is full in planned classes in Kindergarten to Grade 3 in the Chinese Bilingual Program. The school is also full in Grades 4, 5 and 6 in the Regular Program. We will now only accept resident students for Grades 4, 5 & 6 who newly move into the school's attendance area for the Regular Program. A resident student of Edmonton Public Schools has at least one parent or legal guardian living in Edmonton who is not Roman Catholic. Non-resident students can enrol in another Division school with space in planned classes.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
If your child is new to Edmonton Public Schools, you can register for school online. Visit the Division website to learn how to register for school.
MEADOWLARK SCHOOL - KINDERGARTEN MANDARIN PROGRAM
Thank you for your interest in Meadowlark School. Kindergarten is an exciting time for families. Kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 school year begins on February 2nd and ends on April 15th. The registration process will be online this year through Edmonton Public Schools. You may only register your child at one school within one school district.
For Mandarin Kindergarten registration we will be following the Division's protocol which is below:
Elementary Chinese Bilingual**
- Accept new students who live in the school’s attendance area. (AR #1). If space remains in planned classes, then
- Accept siblings of existing students provided the current student and the sibling will attend the school at the same time. (AR #10). If space remains in planned classes, then
- Accept all other new students (out of attendance area)
Things to Consider:
- Should your child be accepted but you live outside of our transportation area, transportation will be parent responsibility.
- Should Meadowlark School exceed the number of applicants, a random draw selection would take place. Parents will be contacted to advise them of their next steps.
- If your child is unsuccessful, then you are welcome to contact the other Mandarin programs
- If space is not available, then your designated school’s mainstream program must accept your child.